BackupAssist is a backup software that provides a variety of features for backing up Windows servers. Chang created the software as a challenge from a friend. Some of the features of BackupAssist software are:
- Fully automated and lockdown friendly
- Supports on-site and cloud backup.
- Allows users to restore anything from a few files to whole servers—virtual or physical.
- Supports backup to rotating/archive media.
- Provides cyber-security features to combat ransomware and hacking.
- Performs automatic, scheduled backups of Windows servers to a variety of backup devices.
- Gives flexible choices over what kind of backup technologies to use, how much data is stored, when backups run, and how long backups are kept.
- Provides full control of data privacy, sovereignty, and recovery experience.
- Scans for any malware prior to building the backup file.
00:00:00 Tech Unplugged 2023: Unplug, Connect, And Learn With Like-minded Tech Professionals.
00:02:52 Client's Data Breach And Organization's Nonchalance
00:07:39 The Challenge Of Cumbersome Backups: A Software Developer's Experience With The Nt Backup System
00:09:23 Difficulty With NT Backup On Windows 2000
00:13:31 Evolution Of Backup Assist: From Bring Your Own Storage To A Suite Of Products
00:18:44 MSP-friendly Usage Tracker With Exportable Reports
00:21:23 Luck And Circumstances Play A Crucial Role In Business Success.
00:23:56 Comparison Of Cloud Storage Providers And The Importance Of Software Flexibility For Cost-conscious Customers
00:27:16 Importance Of Anticipating Ransomware And Hacker Attacks For Backup Systems
00:29:06 Differentiating Crypto Safeguard From Others
00:31:58 Methods Used To Determine Differences Between File Versions
00:36:19 Introduction To Instant House Call As A Remote Support Solution.
00:42:00 The Importance Of Reviewing Backup Configurations To Avoid Data Loss
00:44:46 Cloud Backup And Granular Recovery With Encryption
00:47:13 The Importance Of Well-defined Disaster Recovery Scenarios
00:51:49 New Features Of Backup Assist Revealed: Improvements To Msp Console And Demand For Backing Up Workstations From Home
00:57:11 Software Flexibility For Custom Backup Needs
00:59:13 Florida Man Attacked By 10-foot Alligator Outside A Bar
=== Links for this episode
Florida Man Lost Arm to Alligator Behind a Bar: https://tinyurl.com/yc5cau8n
=== Show Information
Host: Marvin Bee
=== Show Sponsors
Presenting Sponsor: NetAlly - https://www.netally.com/
Live Show Partner: Computers Done Right - https://computersdoneright.com/
Live Show Partner: Instant Houescall - https://instanthousecall.com/
=== Support the Show
Uncle Marv’s Amazon Store: https://amzn.to/3EiyKoZ
Become a monthly supporter: https://www.patreon.com/join/itbusinesspodcast?
One-Time Donation: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/unclemarv